Arborists provide professional tree care. They use sophisticated techniques to ascend trees, prune and remove dead or excess branches, and lower them to the ground. It can be dangerous work, so safety precautions are paramount. Arborists also plant trees and shrubs and spray them to manage diseases and insects.
Training at a Glance
On the Job
During your Registered Apprenticeship:
- Obtain First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Obtain State of WI Pesticide Applicator certification.
- Successfully complete Transition to Trainer.
- Employer may require additional certifications.
WI Employment Outlook & Wages *
2024 in Wisconsin
* Data source: Wisconomy, 2019
Actual salaries will vary by employer and other factors.