Wisconsin Apprenticeship Advisory Council
The Wisconsin Apprenticeship Advisory Council's mission is to advise the Department of Workforce Development on matters involving the Wisconsin Apprenticeship System, including the enactment of laws, rules, and standards.
- The Council is required by law to maintain the following composition:
- nine (9) members are employer representatives and nine (9) employee representatives who are appointed by the Secretary of the Dept of Workforce Development (DWD);
- one (1) representative from the Dept of Public Instruction appointed by the State Superintendent of Public Instruction;
- one (1) representative from the WI Technical College System (WTCS) appointed by the WTCS Director;
- two (2) members who represent public interest appointed by the DWD Secretary; and
- the Director of the Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards serves as the nonvoting chair.
- All members of the WI Apprenticeship Advisory Council must be persons who are familiar with apprenticeable occupations. Employee and employer members serve three-year terms and are nominated by statewide trade associations, employer groups, the state labor organization, and community based organizations. Only designated members of the Council are authorized to vote. The Council generally meets three or four times a year, or more often as needed.
- Terry Hayden, Wisconsin Pipe Trades Association
- Henry Hurt, Hurt Electric, Inc.
- Employee Members
- David Branson, Building&Construction Trades Council of South Central WI
- Jim Cook, NECA IBEW Apprenticeship&Training
- Michael Daily, United Steel Workers
- Mark Kessenich, WI Regional Training Partnership
- Shaun McHugh, IUOE Local 139
- Brandon Mortenson, Harley-Davidson
- Hollie O'Neill, IBEW 2150 WI Electric Power
- Mark Wieseke, UAW Local 469
- Employer Members
- Daniel Barker, Ariens Co.
- Leigh Emrick, Associated Builders&Contractors of Wisconsin
- Tracey Griffith, Walbec Group
- Gert Grohmann, Associated General Contractors of Greater Milwaukee
- Callie Hellenbrand, Alliant Energy Corp.
- Gene Jacobson, Precision Drive & Control
- Kathellen Pfannerstill, Toolcraft Co. Inc.
- Chris Reader, Wisconsin Manufacturing&Commerce
- Educational Representatives
- Brent Kindred, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Chrystal Seeley-Schreck, Wisconsin Technical College System
- Public Members
- Ruben Anthony Jr., Urban League of Greater Madison
- Seth Lentz, Workforce Development Board of South Central Wisconsin
- Subcommittees are comprised of Council members and may include other apprenticeship stakeholders.
- Career Pathways Subcommittee
- Mission: Advise and develop a formal bridge between the Department of Workforce Development's Youth Apprenticeship and Registered Apprenticeship programs.
- Educational Linkages Subcommittee
- Mission: Develop critical linkages between the apprenticeship community and the secondary and post secondary educational system
- Equal Access Subcommittee
- Mission: Increase access, recruitment, training and retention of women and minorities in state approved apprenticeship programs.
- Outreach Subcommittee
- Mission: Promote apprenticeship opportunities into high growth areas. Devlop outreach materials to assist applicants and sponsors.
- Policy and Standards Subcommittee
- Mission: Review and provide recommendations to the DWD/Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards concerning apprenticeship regulations and policies.
|Year||Jan - Mar||Apr - Jun||Jul - Sep||Oct - Dec|