Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
There are three TDL YA pathway programs to choose. All three pathway programs
require taking the Core Skills and Safety Units concurrently with the chosen
pathway technical skills.
Transportation, Distribution & Logistics YA Program Timeframe
- One Year TDL YA Program = Core Skills, Safety + One additional pathway Unit MINIMUM
- Two Year TDL YA Program = Core Skills, Safety + ALL Units in the chosen pathway
- Switching between pathways is not allowed in this YA program
Transportation, Distribution & Logistics Required Skills
These units provide the employability and safety skills foundation for working in the TDL industry.
Auto Collision Pathway
These program units provide the learner with skills necessary to work in the auto collision and repair sector.
- Collision Repair Basics Unit
- Non-structural Analysis & Repair Unit
- Painting & Refinishing Unit
- Damage Analysis & Electrical Repair Unit
Auto Technician Pathway
These program units provide the learner with skills necessary to work in the auto repair sector.
- Vehicle Basics & General Service Unit
- Brake Systems Unit
- Electrical/Electronics Unit
- Suspension & Steering Unit
- Engine Performance & Repair Unit
Logistics/Supply Chain Management (SCM) Pathway
These program units provide the learner with skills necessary to work in facilities that provide services in purchasing, inventory, warehousing, storage, materials movement, and transportation operations.
- Planning & Purchasing Unit
- Inventory Management & Production Unit
- Storage & Warehousing Unit
- Distribution & Transportation Operations Unit
Related Transportation, Distribution, & Logistics YA Program Information
Audio Visual Resources
Transportation, Distribution & Logistics Curriculum Revisions, (2009)
Note change since webinar aired. Appendix C of the TDL Program Guide states that the optional NATEF 2008 Scoring Chart in Appendix C will be accepted in lieu of the YA Skill Standards Checklist versus sending in the AYES checklist.
Certifications & Organizations
- APICS - The Association for Operations Management
- ASE - National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
- AYES - Automotive Youth Educational Systems
- NASBITE - National Association of Small Business International Trade Educators
- NATEF - National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation
- WATEA - Wisconsin Automotive & Truck Education Association
- WATDA - The Wisconsin Automobile & Truck Dealers Association
The Career Clusters icons are being used with permission of the: States' Career Clusters Initiative, 2007.