Core Competencies online modules
Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
Transportation, Distribution & Logistics YA Program Timeframe
- One Year TDL YA Program = Core Skills, Safety + See Skills Standards Checklist for Unit Requirements
- Two Year TDL YA Program = Core Skills, Safety + See Skills Standards Checklist for Unit Requirements
Transportation, Distribution & Logistics Required Skills
These units provide the employability and safety skills foundation for working in the TDL industry.
Mobile Equipment Maintenance Pathway
Auto Collision - 2 Units per Year
These program units provide the learner with skills necessary to work in the auto collision and repair sector.
- Collision Repair Basics Unit
- Non-structural Analysis & Repair Unit
- Painting & Refinishing Unit
- Damage Analysis & Electrical Repair Unit
Auto Technician - 1 Unit per Year
These program units provide the learner with skills necessary to work in the auto repair sector.
Diesel Technician - Year requirements are indicated on Skills Standards Checklist
These program units provide the learner with skills necessary to work with diesel engines and/or medium/heavy truck repair.
Logistics/Supply Chain Management (SCM) Pathway
These program units provide the learner with skills necessary to work in facilities that provide services in purchasing, inventory, warehousing, storage, materials movement, and transportation operations.
- Planning & Purchasing Unit
- Inventory Management & Production Unit
- Storage & Warehousing Unit
- Distribution & Transportation Operations Unit
Related Transportation, Distribution, & Logistics YA Program Information
Audio Visual Resources
Training Video (2013)
A 6-minute, self-paced Power Point that describes the revision of the Auto Tech and addition of the Diesel Tech Units to the TDL YA Program.
Certifications & Organizations
- APICS - The Association for Operations Management
- ASE - National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
- AYES - Automotive Youth Educational Systems
- NASBITE - National Association of Small Business International Trade Educators
- NATEF - National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation
- WATEA - Wisconsin Automotive & Truck Education Association
- The Foundation of the Wisconsin Automobile & Truck Dealers Association (WATDA) Scholarships – This site provides scholarship information on the annual WATDA Automotive, Diesel, Auto Collision and Motorcycle Technical Scholarships and the Snap-on Industrial Tool Award.
The Career Clusters® brand logo and its extensions are the property of the National Career Technical Education Foundation, as managed by NASDCTEc.