Youth Apprenticeship Training
About the training modules:
The following modules use Adobe Captivate. You will need Adobe Flash Player to view these modules.
- Not sure if you have the Adobe Flash Payer?
Visit Adobe Shockwave and Flash Player Test Page to insure that you have the player installed and that it's working correctly. If not, you can download the latest version for free from this site.
- If you experience a problem with viewing please contact a YA staff member
Read before viewing
- Module may take a few moments to load, due to audio file size.
- To advance the slides click on the FORWARD and BACK arrows.
- To EXIT the module, use the browser's BACK button. The exit button within the module is not active.
- To advance through the slides it's best to use the FORWARD and BACK arrows. You can use the SLIDER bar to advance quickly. However, the audio does not play until you press the Play button to activate audio. Also audio may start in the middle of the of the slide.
YA Employer Training Modules
A 60 minute, self-paced, audio Power Point presentation for NEW YA Employers or those seeking clarification on components of the employer role in YA. Information covered includes Employer Benefits for participation, the Employer and Mentor role, and Program Participation and Operation at your worksite. Note: This module may take up to two full minutes to load the first time it is accessed.
YA Coordinator Training
A 90 minute, self-paced, audio Power Point presentation for new YA Coordinators new to the job or those seeking clarification on components of the YA program. Information covered includes YA Resources, Program Structure, Program Areas, Student Participation, Employment, Related Technical Instruction, YA Operations, Funding and Applications. Note: This module may take up to two full minutes to load the first time it is accessed.
Training Module 1 Correction: Slide 8 audio states 35 consortiums, the correct number is 36, as reflected in the typed text.
A 90 minute, self-paced, audio Power Point presentation for YA Coordinators covering information vital for recruiting and partnering with employers in your consortium. Information covered includes features of ideal School-to-Work Programs and how YA addresses those, the YA Program and Employer Role, Measuring the Labor Market, YA Employer Engagement activities and maintaining YA Employer Partnerships. Note: This module may take up to two full minutes to load the first time it is accessed.
A 7.5-minute video explaining the components and use of the Youth Apprenticeship curriculum in your consortium, with your instructors, and with employers at the worksite.
Career Cluster Video Training Resources
For additional details about the Career Cluster video links below, please visit the respective program pages.
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (AFNR)
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, AV Technology and Communications
- Finance curriculum updates
- Health Science
- Hospitality, Lodging and Tourism (HLT) curriculum updates
- Information Technology (IT)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics (TDL) curriculum updates