Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
There are two YA pathway programs to choose. Both pathway programs require taking the
Core Skills and Safety Units concurrently with the Basic Required Pathway Unit for all
Level One STEM YA students. The second year allows the STEM Engineering YA student to
specialize in mechanical or civil engineering.
Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) YA Program Timeframe
- One Year STEM YA Program = Required Skills (Core Skills + Safety) and REQUIRED Year One Unit MINIMUM
- Two Year STEM YA Program = Required Skills + REQUIRED Year One Unit + One Additional Pathway Unit MINIMUM
- Switching between pathways is not allowed in this YA program
Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) Required Skills
These units provide the employability and safety skills foundation for working in a STEM industry.
Engineering & Technology Pathway
Science & Math Pathway
Related Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) YA Program Information
Audio Visual Resources
STEM YA Curriculum Training, (2011) A 20-minute self-paced, audio Power Point that describes the changes to the Drafting and Design-Engineering, Drafting and Design-Mechanical Design, and Biotechnology YA curriculum in 2011.
The following documents are referenced in the Power Point and should be accessed while viewing this training.
Certifications & Organizations
- Change the Equation- National Business & Industry STEM Initiative (http://www.changetheequation.org/main/home-v2/)
- Educate to Innovate- White House STEM Initiative (http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/education/educate-innovate)
- STEM Academy (http://www.stem101.org/index.asp)
- STEM Equity Pipeline (http://www.stemequitypipeline.org/Default.aspx)
- STEM Forward- Milwaukee Area STEM Collaborative (http://esmke.jobing.com/)
- Wisconsin DPI STEM Resources (http://dpi.wi.gov/stem/resources.html)
- Wisconsin Project Lead the Way (http://www.pltwwi.org/)
- Wisconsin STEM Portal (www.wistem.org)
The Career Clusters icons are being used with permission of the: States' Career Clusters Initiative, 2007.
Content Contact: Youth Apprenticeship Staff