Core Competencies online modules
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) YA Program Timeframe
- One Year STEM YA Program = Required Skills (Core Skills + Safety) and REQUIRED Year One Unit MINIMUM
- Two Year STEM YA Program = Required Skills + REQUIRED Year One Unit + One Additional Pathway Unit MINIMUM
- Switching between pathways is not allowed in this YA program
Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) Required Skills
These units provide the employability and safety skills foundation for working in a STEM industry.
Engineering & Technology Pathway
Science & Math Pathway
Related Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) YA Program Information
Audio Visual Resources
STEM YA Curriculum Training, (2011) A 20-minute self-paced, audio Power Point that describes the changes to the Drafting and Design-Engineering, Drafting and Design-Mechanical Design, and Biotechnology YA curriculum in 2011.
The following documents are referenced in the Power Point and should be accessed while viewing this training.
Certifications & Organizations
- Change the Equation- National Business & Industry STEM Initiative (http://www.changetheequation.org/main/home-v2/)
- Educate to Innovate- White House STEM Initiative (http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/education/educate-innovate)
- STEM Academy (http://www.stem101.org/index.asp)
- STEM Forward- Milwaukee Area STEM Collaborative (http://www.stemforward.org)
- Wisconsin DPI STEM Resources (http://dpi.wi.gov/stem/)
- Wisconsin Project Lead the Way (http://www.pltwwi.org/)
- Wisconsin STEM Portal (www.wistem.org)
The Career Clusters® brand logo and its extensions are the property of the National Career Technical Education Foundation, as managed by NASDCTEc.
Content Contact: Youth Apprenticeship Staff