Core Competencies online modules
There are three Manufacturing YA pathways to choose. All three pathways require taking the Core Skills, Safety, and Manufacturing Fundamentals Units concurrently with the chosen technical skills units. The Manufacturing Processes Unit, Machining Unit, and Welding Unit may be repeated two times for a Level Two (two year) YA program provided different processes/equipment are trained and mastered.
Manufacturing YA Program Timeframe
- One Year Manufacturing YA Program = Required Skills + One Additional Unit MINIMUM
- Two Year Manufacturing YA Program = = Required Skills + Two Additional Units MINIMUM
- Switching between pathways is allowable if permitted by local consortium policy
Manufacturing Required Skills
These units provide the employability, safety, and manufacturing basics skills foundation for working in the manufacturing industry.
These program units provide the learner with skills necessary to work in any number of manufacturing facilities processing a variety of manufacturing materials provided that the competencies related to that sub-industry, material, and equipment used are allowable by Department of Workforce Development Child Labor Laws
Production Operations Management Pathway
This unit provides the learner with skills necessary to manage and maintain quality manufacturing operations.
Maintenance, Installation and Repair Pathway
This program unit provides the learner with skills necessary to work in heavy industrial equipment maintenance, repair and equipment installation and qualification operations.
Related Manufacturing YA Program Information
Audio Visual Resources
A to Z Machining and Manufacturing YA
[Press the "cc" button on this You Tube video in order to view a transcript of the audio.]
Manufacturing YA Curriculum Training (2012)
A 9-minute self-paced, audio Power Point that describes the changes to the Manufacturing and Welding YA curriculums in 2012.
The following documents are referenced in the Power Point and should be accessed while viewing this training.
- Manufacturing Curriculum Revisions, (2009) Webcast #2 With the addition of the Industrial Equipment Units
- Manufacturing Curriculum Revisions, (2007) Webcast #1
Certifications & Organizations
- American Welding Society (AWS) (http://www.aws.org/w/a/)
- Dream It Do It (http://www.dreamit-doit.com/index1.php)
- DWD-BAS: Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development, Bureau of (Adult) Apprenticeship Standards (http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/apprenticeship/)
- NACFAM- National Council for Advanced Manufacturing (http://www.nacfam.org/)
- NIMS- National Institute for Metalworking Skills (https://www.nims-skills.org/web/nims/home)
- Skills USA (http://www.skillsusa.org/)
- WI Skills USA (http://www.skillsusa-wi.org/wordpress/)
- WMC- Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce (http://www.wmc.org/)
- WMEP- WI Manufacturing Extension Partnership (http://www.wmep.org/)
The Career Clusters icons are being used with permission of the: States' Career Clusters Initiative, 2007.