Core Competencies online modules
Information Technology (IT) YA Program Timeframe
- One Year IT YA Program = Required Skills (Core Skills + Safety & Security ) and IT Essentials Unit MINIMUM
- Two Year IT YA Program = Required Skills + One Pathway Unit MINIMUM
Information Technology (IT) Required Skills
These units provide the employability, safety/security, and technical skill foundation for working in the Information Technology industry.
Network Systems and Information Support & Services Pathway
Programming & Software Development and Information Support & Services Pathway
Web & Digital Communications Pathway
Related Information Technology (IT) YA Program Information
Audio Visual Resources
- IT YA Curriculum Training (2010). A 22 minute self-paced, audio Power Point that describes the changes to the IT YA curriculum in 2010.The following documents are referenced in the Power Point and should be accessed while viewing this training.
Certifications & Organizations
- CompTIA A+ Certification (www.comptia.org)
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-overview.aspx)
- CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster) Associate (www.ciwcertified.com/)
- CISCO-CCENT (Entry Networking Technician) (www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le45/learning_certification_level_home.html)
- Cisco Networking Academy (http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/index.html)
- Computer Science Online programs guide for women (http://www.computerscienceonline.org/cs-programs-for-women/)
- NWCET: National Workforce Center for Emerging Technologies
The Career Clusters® brand logo and its extensions are the property of the National Career Technical Education Foundation, as managed by NASDCTEc.