There are three YA pathway programs to choose. All three programs require taking the Core Skills and Safety & Security Units concurrently with the IT Essentials Unit in the first year for all IT YA students. The second year allows the IT YA student to specialize in hardware/support; software/support; or web & digital media.
Information Technology (IT) YA Program Timeframe
- One Year IT YA Program = Required Skills (Core Skills + Safety & Security ) and IT Essentials Unit MINIMUM
- Two Year IT YA Program = Required Skills + One Pathway Unit MINIMUM
Information Technology (IT) Required Skills
These units provide the employability, safety/security, and technical skill foundation for working in the Information Technology industry.
Network Systems and Information Support & Services Pathway
Programming & Software Development and Information Support & Services Pathway
Web & Digital Communications Pathway
Related Information Technology (IT) YA Program Information
Audio Visual Resources
- IT YA Curriculum Training (2010). A 22 minute self-paced, audio Power Point that describes the changes to the IT YA curriculum in 2010.The following documents are referenced in the Power Point and should be accessed while viewing this training.
Certifications & Organizations
- CompTIA A+ Certification (www.comptia.org)
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-overview.aspx)
- CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster) Associate (www.ciwcertified.com/)
- CISCO- CCENT (Entry Networking Technician) (www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le45/learning_certification_level_home.html)
- Cisco Networking Academy- (http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/index.html)
- NWCET- National Workforce Center for Emerging Technologies (http://www.nwcet.org/)
The Career Clusters icons are being used with permission of the: States' Career Clusters Initiative, 2007.