Core Competencies online modules
Hospitality, Lodging and Tourism
There are four pathway programs to choose. All four pathway programs require
taking the Core Skills and Safety/Security skills units concurrently with the
chosen pathway technical skills.
Hospitality , Lodging, and Tourism YA Program Timeframe
- One Year Hospitality, Lodging, & Tourism YA Program = Required Skills + Two additional Units MINIMUM
- Two Year Hospitality, Lodging, & Tourism YA Program = Required Skills + Four additional Units MINIMUM
- Switching between pathways is allowable if permitted by local consortium policy.
Hospitality, Lodging, and Tourism YA Required Skills
These units provide the employability, safety, and security skills foundation for working in the hospitality, lodging, and tourism industry.
Restaurant & Food/Beverage Services Pathway
These pathway units provide the learner with skills necessary to work in any number of restaurant, banquet and food service areas provided that all of the competencies can be achieved.
These pathways units provide the learner with skills necessary to work hotel/motel operations.
Travel & Tourism Pathway
This pathway unit allows the learn to work in a variety of venues including zoos, museums, tours, golf clubs, outdoor activity venues, etc., provided that that all of the competencies can be achieved.
These pathway units provide the learner with a variety of options for additional skill attainment in hospitality, lodging, restaurant, and tourism settings.
- Maintenance & Grounds Unit
- Meetings & Events Unit
- Marketing & Sales I Unit
- Marketing & Sales II Unit
- Management I Unit
- Management II Unit
Related Hospitality, Lodging, and Tourism YA Program Information
Audio Visual Resources
- Hospitality , Lodging, and Tourism Curriculum Revisions, (2008) Webcast #1
- Hospitality , Lodging, and Tourism Curriculum Revisions, (2009) Webcast #2 with the addition of the Tourism Unit AND revision of the Meetings & Events, Marketing, and Management Units.
Certifications and Organizations
- AHLEI - American Hotel and Lodging Education Institute
- Is Culinary School a Necessary Step to Becoming a Chef?
- LMP- AHLEI Lodging Management Program
- NRAEF National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- ProStart® Program
- WACVB- Wisconsin Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus
- WIA- Wisconsin Innkeepers Association
- WI-DOT- Wisconsin Department of Tourism
- WRA- Wisconsin Restaurant Association
The Career Clusters icons are being used with permission of the: States' Career Clusters Initiative, 2007.