2017-18 Wisconsin Youth Apprenticeship Request for Proposal (RFP)
The application period for Youth Apprenticeship Local Grants for the 2017-18 school year is now open. The deadline to submit completed application materials is close of business Monday, April 10, 2017.
The purpose of the grant is to sustain and expand the statewide youth apprenticeship program. All local partnerships must be approved by the Department of Workforce Development (DWD) to operate a Youth Apprenticeship Program.
Funding under this RFP is available to local consortiums, which mutually implement and coordinate a YA program via a local consortium steering committee. Local consortiums are defined as:
- One or more school district
- One or more colleges in the Wisconsin Technical College System.
- Apprenticeship Training Representative(s) from the Registered Apprenticeship program
- Organized labor
- Workforce Development Board / Workforce Investment Board.
- Chambers of Commerce
- Other public agencies or non-profit organizations
- Other contributing individuals
Grant requests are limited to $900 per youth apprentice served, and grantees must serve at least 25 students to be eligible. All grant awards are contingent upon the availability of state funds. The grant application materials are available for review below.
2017-18 Local Youth Apprenticeship RFP Application Materials
- RFP Cover Letter
- RFP Guidelines
- RFP Application - Narrative
- RFP Application - Budget
- Appendix E: YA Partnership Agreement
- Appendix F: YA School District Affiliation Agreement
- Appendix H: Performance Improvement Plan
If you have questions about the youth apprenticeship program or desire technical assistance in planning a new program, please contact:
2017-18 Request for Proposal (RFP) Bidders Webinar, held Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 10-11 a.m.
Beginning in July 2016, the COntract Management and Expenditure Tracking (COMET) system replaced the DET Expenditure Reporting System (DER) as the Division of Employment and Training (DET) payment management and tracking system for DET grants. COMET may be accessed at: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/comet/.
Expenditure and Match Reports and Forms
- COMET Financial Detail Status Report
- COMET FSR Entry Forms
- COMET FSR Workflow Report
- YA Matching Report, FIS-17880-E