Forms and Publications
Wisconsin Youth Apprenticeship
Wisconsin's Youth Apprenticeship program is a part of a statewide School-to-Work initiative. It is designed for high school students who want hands on learning in an occupational area at a worksite along with classroom instruction.
This one or two year elective program combines academic and technical instruction with mentored on-the-job learning.
Information for ...
- New Youth Apprenticeship Marketing Program
Wisconsin Youth Apprenticeship (YA) has added a Marketing career pathway for the 2017-18 school year. The Marketing pathway for Wisconsin's youth was developed through a collaborative partnership between the Department of Workforce Development, Department of Public Instruction, and the Dane County School Consortium.
Youth Apprenticeship program expands locally as state grants rise
- Think-Make-Happen In Wisconsin. Wisconsin offers unique opportunities for business, personal and career success,
including the Department of Workforce Development’s Youth Apprenticeship Program, featured in a video produced
in partnership with Waunakee High School.
- Filling America's Skills Gap
- CNBC Squawk Box profiles Youth Apprenticeship Program at Quad Graphics
- Youth Apprenticeship Success Story (YouTube video)
Eddie Gilmer is one of over 3,000 juniors and seniors across Wisconsin who participate in DWD's Youth Apprenticeship (YA) program. Here is Eddie's story. Find out about the great partnership between YA and LDI Industries in Manitowoc.