YA Frequently Used
Forms and Publications
Wisconsin Youth Apprenticeship
Wisconsin's Youth Apprenticeship program is a part of a statewide School-to-Work initiative. It is designed for high school students who want hands on learning in an occupational area at a worksite along with classroom instruction.
This one or two year elective program combines academic and technical instruction with mentored on-the-job learning.
Information for ...
- NOTE: Recently, several organizations submitting YA Grant Applications experienced technical difficulties resulting in their emails being blocked. We have now received applications from all current grantees and others we were expecting, but if you attempted to submit a YA Grant Application by the April 10th deadline and did not receive a confirmation email or phone call from YA staff, please call YA Program Coordinator Jamie Bernthal at (608) 267-7210.
- Filling America's Skills Gap - CNBC Squawk Box profiles Youth Apprenticeship Program at Quad Graphics
- 2017-18 Local YA Grant RFPs
DWD Secretary Raymond Allen has announced the 2017-18 Request for Proposals (RFPs) for Local Youth Apprenticeship Grants. The deadline to submit applications is Monday, April 10, 2016 by close of business. Grant requests are limited to $900 per youth apprentice served, and grantees must serve at least 25 students to be eligible. All grant awards are contingent upon the availability of state funds. The July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018 grant application materials are available for download.
- Youth Apprenticeship Success Story (YouTube video)
Eddie Gilmer is one of over 3,000 juniors and seniors across Wisconsin who participate in DWD's Youth Apprenticeship (YA) program. Here is Eddie's story. Find out about the great partnership between YA and LDI Industries in Manitowoc.
- Coming this fall: New Youth Apprenticeship Marketing Program
The Wisconsin Youth Apprenticeship (YA) program is adding a new marketing career pathway for the 2017-2018 school year. This 11th pathway offering for Wisconsin's youth was developed through a collaborative partnership between the WI Department of Workforce Development, WI Department of Public Instruction, and the Dane County School Consortium. YA consortiums and coordinators may begin recruitment as early as this summer for this marketing career pathway.
- Bridging Youth to Registered Apprenticeship
The 2016-17 RFP encourages Youth Apprenticeship consortia to reach out to employers offering Registered Apprenticeship. Bridges between the programs can offer students a clear path to a skilled career. To provide an outline of how bridges can be created, the Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards has developed the Policies and Procedures for Bridging Youth Apprenticeship to Registered Apprenticeship manual. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
- Registered Apprenticeship Presentation,
Youth Apprenticeship In-Service (Day 2, 3/2/2016)
- Beginning in July 2016, the COntract Management and Expenditure Tracking (COMET) system replaced the DET Expenditure Reporting System (DER) as the Division of Employment and Training (DET) payment management and tracking system for DET grants. COMET may be accessed at: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/comet/.