YA Frequently Used
Forms and Publications
Wisconsin Youth Apprenticeship
Wisconsin's Youth Apprenticeship program is a part of a statewide School-to-Work initiative. It is designed for high school students who want hands on learning in an occupational area at a worksite along with classroom instruction.
This one or two year elective program combines academic and technical instruction with mentored on-the-job learning.
Information for ...
- Coming this fall: New Youth Apprenticeship Marketing Program
The Wisconsin Youth Apprenticeship (YA) program is adding a new marketing career pathway for the 2017-2018 school year. This 11th pathway offering for Wisconsin's youth was developed through a collaborative partnership between the WI Department of Workforce Development, WI Department of Public Instruction, and the Dane County School Consortium. YA consortiums and coordinators may begin recruitment as early as this summer for this marketing career pathway.
- Now Accepting 2017 Scholarship Applications!
The Foundation of the Wisconsin Automobile & Truck Dealers Association (WATDA) is now accepting 2017 applications for their automotive, diesel, auto collision and motorcycle technician scholarships. (See details below.)
- New this year: Applications may be submitted on-line: http://www.watda.org/Scholarship. Supporting documentation must be sent in by e-mail, fax or mail.
- Changes this year (for high school students): ACT scores will now be accepted in place of the ACCUPLACER tests. If a students does not have ACT test scores they will still need to take the ACCUPLACER tests. The Bennett Mechanical and DAT Spatial tests will be sent directly to the student and they can take those on-line tests at their convenience. Current technical college students are exempt from the testing requirements.
- Application deadline is January 15, 2017. Supporting documentation may be received after the deadline as long as the application form has been submitted on time.
Julie L. Olson
WATDA Program Director
Phone: (608) 251-4631
WATDA website: http://www.watda.org/Foundation
- Online System Upgrades
The new Youth Online Data Application (YODA) was released on May 2nd, 2016. This project upgrades the previous Youth Apprenticeship Online System, used to enter student registrations, with several new features. YODA was designed to allow external users to register students for both the Youth Apprenticeship Program and High School Pupil Grants, uploading all required documentation for a student in a one-step process. For an overview of the registration process for Youth Apprenticeship, watch the Introduction to Youth Online Data Application- YA webinar (43 minutes, 42 seconds) or view the YA Webinar PowerPoint. For an overview of the registration process for High School Pupil grants, watch the Introduction to Youth Online Data Application- HSP webinar (1 hour, 5 minutes, 40 seconds) or view the HSP Webinar PowerPoint.
- Students run bank branch for youth apprenticeship, (05/12/2016)
- Bridging Youth to Registered Apprenticeship
The 2016-17 RFP encourages Youth Apprenticeship consortia to reach out to employers offering Registered Apprenticeship. Bridges between the programs can offer students a clear path to a skilled career. To provide an outline of how bridges can be created, the Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards has developed the Policies and Procedures for Bridging Youth Apprenticeship to Registered Apprenticeship manual. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registered Apprenticeship Presentation, Youth Apprenticeship In-Service (Day 2, 3/2/2016)
- DWD DET Expenditure Reporting System (DER)
Effective July 1, 2015, the DER replaced the CORe system as the Department of Employment and Training (DET) payment management and tracking system for DET grants. DER can be accessed at: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/der/.