Arts, Audio/Visual Technology and Communications
There is one YA pathway program to choose. The program requires taking the Core Skills and Safety and Security Units concurrently with the Graphic Design and Pre-Press Unit, OR Press and Post-Press Operations Unit in the first year. The Press and Post-Press Operations Unit may repeated two times for a Level Two (two year) YA Program provided different processes are trained and mastered.
Arts, A/V Technology and Communications YA Program Timeframe
- One Year Arts, A/V Technology and Communications YA Program = Required Skills + One Additional Unit MINIMUM
- Two Year Arts, A/V Technology and Communications YA Program = Required Skills + Two Additional Units MINIMUM
- Switching between pathways is allowable if permitted by local consortium policy.
Arts, A/V Technology and Communications Required Skills
These units provide the employability, safety, and security skill foundation for working in the Arts, A/V Technology and Communications industry.
Printing Technology Pathway
These units provide the learner with skills necessary to work in the field applying creativity and technical skills to transform text and graphics into finished products.
Related Arts, A/V Technology and Communications YA Program Information
Audio Visual Resources
Arts, A/V Technology and Communications YA Curriculum Training, (2012)
An 11-minute self-paced, audio Power Point that describes the changes to the Graphic Arts: Printing curriculum in 2012.
The following documents are referenced in the Power Point and should be accessed while viewing this training.
Certifications & Organizations
- Printing Industries of America (http://www.printing.org/)
- The Great Lakes Graphics Association (http://www.pii.org/)
- Skills USA (http://www.skillsusa.org/)
- WI Skills USA (http://www.skillsusa-wi.org/wordpress/)
The Career Clusters icons are being used with permission of the: States' Career Clusters Initiative, 2007.
Content Contact: Youth Apprenticeship Staff