Core Competencies online modules
Architecture & Construction (AC)
There is one YA pathway program to choose. The program requires taking the Core Skills
and Safety Units concurrently with the required Architectural Drafting Unit in the first
year. In the second year, the Architectural Planning Unit is added.
Architecture & Construction YA Program Timeframe
- One Year Architecture & Construction YA Program = Required Skills (Core Skills + Safety) and Architectural Drafting Unit MINIMUM
- Two Year Architecture & Construction YA Program = Required Skills + Architectural Drafting Unit + Architectural Planning Unit
Architecture & Construction Required Skills
These units provide the employability and safety skill foundation for working in the Architecture & Construction industry.
Related Architecture & Construction YA Program Information
Audio Visual Resources
Architecture & Construction YA Curriculum Training, (2011) A 17-minute self-paced, audio Power Point that describes the changes to the Drafting & Design Architecture YA curriculum in 2011.
The following documents are referenced in the Power Point and should be accessed while viewing this training.
Certifications & Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (http://www.aia.org)
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (http://www.ncarb.org)
- Wisconsin Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (http://www.aiaw.org)
The Career Clusters icons are being used with permission of the: States' Career Clusters Initiative, 2007.