Benefits During Layoffs
- Plant shutdown-compulsory vacation bargained under a union contract (102.43(8)(b)).
- Plant shutdown for any other reason (lack of work, fire, plant closes)(80.47).
- Compulsory Vacation Shutdown
If receiving TPD prior to the plant shutdown for compulsory vacation, use the employee's earnings from the week prior to the plant shutdown to calculate continued TPD.
- Plant shutdown for other reasons
- If the employee is unable to work, TTD continues.
- If the employee finds work elsewhere, TPD may be due if the employee is still in a healing period and the weekly earnings are less than those earned at the time of injury.