Frequently Asked Questions when submitting WC Employer's First  Report of Injury or Disease (WKC-12) using the Insurers' Pending Reports

  1. What do I do if I get an error message that the employer was self-insured at the time of injury?

    This error means that you are trying to enter a claim under an insurer or claim administrator that did not insure the employer at the time of injury.  Check the date of Injury. If it is correct, then check the Insurer and Claim Administrator drop down menus on the WKC-12 screen.  The incorrect name or names, may have been chosen by mistake.  If this is the case simply select the correct name from the applicable drop down menus.

  2. What do I do if I get an error message that the employer was not self-insured at the time of the injury?

    This means that the employer did not have self-insurance status at the time of injury and its employees were covered by an insurance policy of an insurance carrier. If you know who the insurance carrier and/or claim administrator is, simply choose them from the applicable drop down menus on the WKC-12 screen.  If the company name that you need does not show up on the drop down menus, then go back to the first screen that you reached after logging in and select the correct name from the "insurer or claim handler" drop down menu.  If the company name that you need is also not on this drop down menu then you must request a report user key from the company's security administrator in order to submit claims for that company.

  3. Can I submit a WKC-13 as soon as I enter the WKC-12 information?

    Yes, as soon as you submit the WKC-12 and receive confirmation that it was accepted you can click on the "Enter WKC-13 Information " button on the confirmation screen.

  4. What if I have a medical only claim, or a claim that will be less than three days of lost time?

    Please do not submit these since we do not track these types of claims. If the injury will likely result in permanent disability, to be assessed and paid at a later date, then you can submit the WKC-12 when payment is made or a medical report is prepared.

  5. Do I need to send in our denied claims?

    You do not need to send the WKC-12 over the Internet and then deny it, as we do not track such claims. Please be sure, however, to keep a copy of the denial letter in your file and that in the letter the claimant is notified of his or her right to a hearing.

  6. What if I want to re-open a claim that was formally closed and no longer appears on the pending report?

    Currently the only way to do this is to re-submit the original WKC-12 information. Our system will recognize this as a duplicate and ask you if you want to use the existing claim. Click on the "Use this Claim" button and it will re-open the claim and take you to the WKC-13.

Email DWD DWD on Twitter DWD on Facebook DWD on YouTube DWD RSS Feed DWD on Flickr

A proud partner of the network