Worker's Compensation Insurance Coverage Lookup
The Wisconsin Compensation Rating Bureau (WCRB) has designed a worker's compensation insurance coverage lookup application to assist in the lookup of an employer's insurance carrier.
Who Uses the Lookup?
The Insurance Coverage Lookup provides a means for:
- Heath Care Providers
- And others to obtain insurance carrier claims processing information for a particular coverage, injury, or illness date.
The Coverage Lookup and Employers
Wisconsin law requires most employers to provide workers' compensation insurance. The Coverage Lookup provides information for:
- Employers that have purchased a Wisconsin worker's compensation insurance policy
- Employers (parent companies and their subsidiaries) that have obtained State of Wisconsin approval to self-insure.
Employer and insurance carrier information is updated weekly.
The Coverage Lookup allows users to determine the insurance company that was covering the business on the date of an injury using the folllowin search criteria:
- An accident date (October 1991 to present)
- By employer name
- By employer Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- By employer address
The Coverage Lookup can also be used to determine if an employer has a current Wisconsin worker's compensation insurance policy.
Insurance Coverage Lookup
The Insurance Coverage Lookup is located on the WCRB web site and an insurance carrier name, address and telephone number is provided.