On this page ...
For Veterans Menu
- For Veterans - Home
- Your Advocates and Guides
- Veterans Benefits
- Employment Programs & Services
- Vets Priority in Federal and State Hiring
- Employment Resources
- Search for Jobs
- Education and Training
- Health and Medical Services
- Veteran Service Organizations
- Homeless Veteran Assistance
- Laws and Regulations
Veterans Priority in Hiring
Veterans Preference Fact Sheet from the Veterans Employment and Training Service
Vet Guide explains the special rights and privileges that Veterans enjoy in Federal civil service employment. The guide conveniently summarizes in one place material from many laws and regulations that affect the employment of Veterans. From the Office of Personnel Management
Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) Authority The VRA is a special authority by which agencies may, if they wish, appoint an eligible Veteran without competition.
Get information form the e-law advisor on Veterans preference in federal hiring.
USA Jobs The Federal jobs website.
An explanation of Wisconsin Civil Service preference from the WI Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans Non-Competitive Appointment for Disabled Veterans with 30% or more Service Connected Disabilities
- Employment & Training Specialist (A) Application process for 30% Disabled Vets
- State of Wisconsin application materials including the Veterans preference form and Disabled Veteran Certification form
Job postings with the State of Wisconsin.
Federal Contractor Fact Sheet from the Veterans Employment and Training Service
For businesses, filing the Vets 100 Report including on-line filing procedures.
Office of Federal Contract Compliance home page and Fact Sheet