Office of Veterans Services
2014 Veterans Job Fair events schedule for locations around Wisconsin and throughout the calendar year.
The Department of Workforce Development (DWD) and the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) are proud to offer the Wisconsin Veteran Employment Grant Program to encourage Wisconsin employers to hire and retain eligible Veterans.
New Employment Initiatives for Veterans. The Gold Card provides unemployed post-9/11 era Veterans with the intensive and follow-up services they need to succeed in today's job market. The Gold Card initiative is a joint effort of the Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration (ETA) and the Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS).
Veterans Professional/Occupational Licensures Fee Wavier Program. Wisconsin Act 209 created a program where by Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) establishes and maintains a program under which 13 State Agencies will grant fee waivers to qualified Veterans when issuing initial professional and occupational licenses. WDVA web provides specific information about eligibility requirements and waiver application instructions
Veterans Retraining Assistance Program
The Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP) offers up to 12 months of training assistance to unemployed Veterans. Online applications are available after May 15, 2012. | Wisconsin DVA Fact Sheets | US DVA website |
- Seeking programs and services that can help you with employment?
- Searching for your benefits?
- Looking for education and training assistance?
- Searching for health and medical services and facilities?
- Trying to help a homeless Veteran?
- Interested in the laws that help you?
- Looking for a service organization?
- Searching for representatives, offices, and guides that can help?
- Looking for incentives to hire Veterans?
- Searching for information on being federal contractor?
- Need to file your Vets-100 report online?
- Curious about Veterans' rights?
- Looking for organizations in which Veterans are involved?
- Hiring Kit for Employers, sponsored by America's Heroes at Work
- Business Symposiums held throughout Wisconsin during 2014. Focus: Hiring Veterans: Translating Military Expertise to Civilian Excellence. Audience: Employers only. Admission: free