Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, September 19, 2013
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: Department of Workforce Development
201 East Washington Avenue
- Call to order and introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the June 20, 2013, Council Meeting
- Remarks from Jonathan Barry, DWD Deputy Secretary
- Report on Unemployment Insurance Reserve Fund
- Update on the Trust Fund Solvency Sub Committee
- Proposed Legislation - Repealing One Week Waiting Period (LRB 2401) from Representatives Kolste and Mason
- Correspondence Relating To Cottage Industries (SB 276, LRB 1192) from Senator Harsdorf and Representative Severson
- Proposed Legislation on Adverse Decisions (SB 273) from Senators Lassa, Miller, Taylor and Lehman
- Response to Correspondence from Representative Tittl, May 10, 2013, Related to Eligibility of Certain Employees who are Affected by Labor Disputes for Unemployment Insurance Benefits and Department Analysis
- Department Update
- STC (Work Share)
- Technical Amendments (LRB 2855)
- Administrative Rules
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may go into closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats.
Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone. This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: (608) 267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1-800-947-3529.)