Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Dane County Job Center
1819 Aberg Avenue
Date: Thursday, March 26, 2009
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Council Members: Please bring your calendars to schedule future meetings.
Council Web Site: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uibola/uiac/
- Opening remarks – Hal Bergan
- Minutes of Meeting February 26, 2009 (blue)
- UI Treasurer's Financial Statements (yellow)
- Reserve Fund solvency
- UI Modernization – discussion only, not for action by the Council
- Extended Benefits
- Task Force on Misclassification of Workers – brief report
- Committee to Review UI Definition of “Employee” – brief report
Department proposals for changes to the unemployment insurance
law, Wis. Stat. Chapter 108, presented at previous meetings and
D09 -17 Enable Intercept of Federal Tax Refunds for UI Fraud
D09 -15 Enable Recovery of Misdirected Payments from Third Parties
D09 -19 Enable Recovery of Unclaimed Transfers to Debit Card Accounts
D09 - 13 Treat Bonus Payments as “Earned” when Paid
- Department proposal to revise DWD 129, Benefit Claiming Procedures
- Department proposal to revise DWD 128, Able to Work and Available for Work
- Annual Report on Detection and Prosecution of Frauds
- Letters to the Council (white)
MATTERS FOR POTENTIAL ACTION
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- The labor members and/or the management members of the Council may go into closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate the action and/or discussion items, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats.
Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone. This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: (608) 267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1-800-947-3529.)