Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Dane County Job Center
1819 Aberg Avenue
Date: Thursday, January 29, 2009
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Council Members: Please bring your calendars to schedule future meetings.
Council Web Site: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uibola/uiac/
- Brief remarks – DWD Secretary Roberta Gassman and Hal Bergan
- Wisconsin Supplemental and Extended Benefits
- Minutes of Meetings June 5, July 25, September 9 and October 2, 2008
- Biennial Reports to Governor and Legislature: Financial Outlook – Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance Program and Report of Activities of the Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council– 2007-2008
- UI Treasurer’s Financial Statements
- Committee to review definition of “employee” (2007 Wisconsin Act 59)
Department proposals for law change
- D09-05 Clarify that Department is “adverse party” in Employers’ Circuit Court Actions to Review Tax Decisions
- D09-06 Correct Forfeiture Language to Reflect Final Penalties
- D09-09 Clarify Exceptions for Exclusions from Employment for Indian Tribes
- D09-08 Amend Exception to Quit Disqualification for Domestic Abuse
- D09-04 Protect Employees and Witnesses in UI Cases from Retaliation
- Department proposal to revise DWD 128, Able to Work and Available for Work
- Letters to the Council
MATTERS FOR POTENTIAL ACTION
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- The labor members and/or the management members of the Council may go into closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate the action and/or discussion items, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats.
Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone. This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: (608) 267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1-800-947-3529.)