Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Council Members: Please bring your calendars to schedule future meetings.
Council Web Site: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uibola/uiac
||Thursday, June 2, 2005
||Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce Building
501 E. Washington Ave.
- Opening Remarks -- Greg Frigo
Potential Action Items
- Representative Debi Towns – Proposal to allow UI benefits to college
- Representative Don Pridemore - Proposal to require employer to notify new
employee not covered by the UI law of ineligibility for UI benefits.
- April 28, 2005 Minutes (Blue)
- Department Law Change Proposal D05-27: Harmonize missed work benefit
eligibility under certain leave and suspension circumstances. (First presented
March 31, 2005) (Pink)
- Department Law Change Proposal D05-28: Repeal food processing
exclusion. (First presented April 28, 2005) (White)
- Department Law Change Proposal D05-33 Changes to employer fault
definition to deal with failure to provide necessary information and create
standard for terminating agent status. (First presented April 28, 2005) (Yellow)
- Department Law Change Proposal D05-35: Collective bad debt liability
assessment for non-profit reimbursement employers. (First presented February 18,
- Department Law Change Proposal D05-38: Amend “quit to take”
provisions in the UI law. (First presented April 28, 2005) (Pink)
- Department Law Change Proposal D05-41: Increase the levy fee from $5
to $15 and clarify that the levy fee is an addition to the unpaid debt. (First
presented December 6, 2004 and modified April 28, 2005) (Blue)
- Department Law Change Proposal D05-42: Amend definition of PEO to
prevent an employer from setting up a PEO solely for its own workforce. (Green)
- Department Law Change Proposal D05-60: Expand employer electronic
reporting. (First presented February 18, 2005) Revised proposal will be
distributed at meeting.
- Department Law Change Proposal D05-63: Create new provision to make
COED reports admissible evidence without expert certification. (Handout at
- Department Rule Change Proposal: DWD 129: Amend to clarify weeks of
backdating to be allowed. (Buff)
- Labor and Management Law Change Proposals
- Future Agendas Discussion
- UI trust fund integrity report
- Letters to the Council (White) - Tom Smith
- UI Treasurer's Financial Statements (Yellow) Handout
- The Council may not address all agenda items or
follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other
than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those
on any attached lists.
- The labor members and/or the management members of
the Council may go into closed session at any time during the meeting to
deliberate the action and/or discussion items, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee),
This location is handicap accessible. If
you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in
large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: (608) 267-1405,
Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942,
Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above
phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1-800-947-3529.)