Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, January 12, 2012
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Place: Department of Administration
State of Wisconsin
101 East Wilson Street
- Call to order and introductions
- Minutes of Meeting September 22, 2011 (blue)
- Secretary Reggie Newson
- Financial report on the Unemployment Reserve Fund
- Recent federal legislation
- Status of Council agreed bill – SB-219 / AB-310
- Senator Robert Wirch and Representative Mark Pocan
SB-346 Benefits for employees affected by strike
- Representative Mark Honadel
AB-450 Training for benefit claimants
- Representative Joan Ballweg
AB-457 Various changes to unemployment law
- Senator Frank Lasee
- Department proposals for change to unemployment law
- Future Meetings
- Other Business
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may go into closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats.
Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone. This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: (608) 267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1-800-947-3529.)