Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Time: 09:30 a.m.
Place: Wisconsin Department of Administration
St. Croix Room (first floor)
101 East Wilson Street
Council Members: Please bring your calendars to schedule future meetings.
Council Web Site: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uibola/uiac/
- Opening remarks – Hal Bergan
- UI Treasurer's Financial Statements (yellow)
- Unemployment Reserve Fund
- Minutes of Meetings September 1, 2009 (blue)
- Advisory Council Committee Recommendations Regarding Definition of “Employee”
- Improve seven-of-ten test for “employee”
- Repeal DWD 105 (Truckers)
- Repeal DWD 107 (Loggers)
- Advisory Council Recommendations Regarding Definition of “Employment”
- Exclude from “employment” personal care services for family
- Review mystery shoppers
- Review writers and news reporters
- Department proposals for changes to the unemployment insurance law, Wis. Stat. Chapter 108, presented at previous meetings
- Department proposal D09-21 – Authorize Spending of Special Administrative Transfers
- Department proposal D09 - 22 – Amend Approved Training and Extended Training
- UI Bill: LRB Draft 3069/5
- Department proposal to revise DWD 128, Able to Work and Available for Work
- Department proposal to revise DWD 129, Benefit Claiming Procedures
- Letters to the Council (white)
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- The labor members and/or the management members of the Council may go into closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats.
Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone. This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: (608) 267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1-800-947-3529.)