Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Dane County Job Center
1819 Aberg Avenue
Date: Thursday, February 26, 2009
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Council Members: Please bring your calendars to schedule future meetings.
Council Web Site: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uibola/uiac/
- Brief remarks – Hal Bergan
- Minutes of Meeting January 29, 2009 (blue)
- UI Treasurer's Financial Statements (yellow)
- Reserve Fund solvency; borrowing and interest
- Summary of programs for extended benefits: Federal-State Extended Benefits; Emergency Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008; American Recovery and Reinvestment Act; Wisconsin Supplemental and Extended Benefits
- UI Modernization
- Customer service issues; administration and systems
- Committee to Review UI Definition of “Employee” – brief report
- Task Force on Misclassification of Workers – brief report
Department proposals for law change – pending and new:
D09-10 Amend Exception to Quit Disqualification For Full-Time Work With 80% Liable Employer: Reduce From 35 To 32 Hours
D09-12 Amend Exceptions To Quit Disqualifications: Change Thresholds to 32 Hours
D09-16 Amend Special Assessment For Interest To Allow Unused Balance To Revert To Reserve Fund
D09-02 Establish Firm Deadline For Voluntary Contributions
D09-03 Incorporate Requirement That Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs) Register With Department Of Regulation And Licensing
- Department proposal to revise DWD 128, Able to Work and Available for Work
- Department proposal to revise DWD 129, Benefit Claiming Procedures
- Annual Report on Detection and Prosecution of Fraud
- Letters to the Council (white)
MATTERS FOR POTENTIAL ACTION
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- The labor members and/or the management members of the Council may go into closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate the action and/or discussion items, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats.
Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone. This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: (608) 267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1-800-947-3529.)