N O T I C E OF M EET I N G
UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE ADVISORY COUNCIL
Council Members: Please bring your calendars to schedule future meetings.
Council Web Site: http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/uibola/UIAC/uiachome_default.htm.
Date: Friday, August 8,
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Place: Quality Inn South, 4916 East Broadway, Madison, WI
1. Opening Remarks -- Greg Frigo
POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
2. July 22, 2003 Minutes (Gray)
3. DWD/DOR Combined Quarterly Wage Reporting Proposal – Martha Gertsch
4. Labor and Management Law Change Proposals – Discussion and Caucus (Lists Attached)
5. Department Law Change Proposals
a. Establish a system to withhold, limit, deny or suspend licenses for nonpayment of liabilities. – Nadine Konrath
b. Technical change to reasonable assurance statute
c. Changes to approved training statute.
d. Change benefit charging from proportional to sequential
e. Work search administrative rule changes
a. Proposal by State Representative Amy Sue Vruwink to allow
benefits to a spouse who quits a job to accompany an active duty military member who is transferred.
7. Letters to the Council (White) - Tom Smith
8. UI Treasurer's Financial Statement (Yellow)
NOTES TO PUBLIC:
This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: (608) 267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1-800-947-3529.)