NOTICE OF MEETING
UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE ADVISORY COUNCIL
Note: UIAC Agendas and approved minutes are available on the Internet at
Date: Wednesday, April 10, 2002
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Place: Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce
501 E. Washington Ave.
Opening Remarks -- Greg Frigo
- Minutes from December 2001 and January 2002
- Introduction of New Staff and Discussion of How to Schedule Future
- President’s Budget Proposal Relating to UI/ES Reform
- Extended Benefits Programs:
Temporary Supplemental Benefits (TSB) Wisconsin Act 43
Temporary Extended Unemployment Compensation (TEUC) Federal Law
- Reed Act Distribution
- Update on UI Program Workload
- Administrative Rule on Attendance – Misconduct
- Emergency Administrative Rule DWD 129.01 – Notice of Unemployment
- Partial Successorship Issue
- Exclusion of Aliens Under F, J, M and Q Visas – Issue with U.S. Dept. of
- Report on Benefit Fraud
- Discussion of Eligibility of Active Military Reservists
- Discussion of locations and scheduling of 2002 UI public hearings:
May – Milwaukee
June – Green Bay
July – Eau Claire
September – Madison
- UI Treasurer's Financial Statements for December 2001 and January 2002
- Letters to the Council
NOTES TO PUBLIC:
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached
The labor members and/or the management members of the Council may go into
closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate the action and/or
discussion items, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats.
This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs (such
as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin
Gallagher, Phone: (608) 267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of
Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired
callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice