Employer Wage Reporting
Read an overview of the Wage Reporting program and requirements for Wisconsin Employers.
Wage reports may be submitted using the following methods:
Employers with 25 or more employees in a quarter are required to file their Quarterly Wage Report electronically.
Filing reports electronically using our online tax and wage reporting system is easier, more accurate, and more efficient. Employers and service agents can key quarterly wage data directly into our website or upload a wage file.
We currently accept FOUR data formats for Internet upload of wage reports.
Employers and service agents using Excel to maintain and submit quarterly wage data on-line should review our Instructions for Converting Excel Files for Internet Upload.
Employer agents are required to file their reports electronically. We strongly encourage all employers to report their wage data electronically.
Other important information regarding Wage Reporting includes:
- Definition of Wages to Report
- Corrections to Prior Reports
- Report Due Dates
- Mailing Instructions
- Wage Reporting Penalties
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wage Report File Upload Error Messages
The wage detail is required in addition to the Quarterly Contribution Tax Report. You are required to file the wage and contribution reports even though you may be unable to make the required contribution payment.
Hours of Service
Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Central Time Zone
- To receive your access number for Internet wage reporting: 608-261-6700
- Questions regarding Internet Wage Reporting: 608-266-6877
- Questions regarding Paper Wage Reports, Adjustment Forms, Templates: 608-266-6877
- To request Paper Wage Report Forms: 608-266-6877