Frequently Asked Questions About
Online Benefit Services
- 1. Do I have to create a User Name and Password?
Yes, to gain access to Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance Benefits (UI) online services you will be required to create a user name and password.
The unique user name and password that you create will be used to identify you when accessing online services; this information is confidential and should not be shared with others. Do not give your User Name and Password to ANYONE.
- 2. Can you walk me through the steps?
- Yes, after you have read and accepted the terms and conditions.
- Step 1 - Create a User Name and Password if you do not have one.
- Step 2 - Print your account information; and remember your password.
- Step 3 - Login using the user name and password you have created.
- Step 4 - Get authorized by entering your personal information.
- Step 5 - Once authorized, begin using UI online services.
- 3. Can I use the same User Name and Password as JCW/KIDS? Do I have to use it?
Yes, Job Center of Wisconsin (JCW) & Wisconsin Child Support Online Services (KIDS) agencies use a user name and password to access their online services that you can use to access UI online services too!
You don’t have to use it, but we recommend you login using that existing user name and password if you already have one set up. Just for ease in remembering, but it is not required.
NOTE: If you shared a JCW/KIDS account with other people or if you disclosed your user name and password with others in the past, please use a different user name and password so that others will not have access to your unemployment claim and records. Please be aware that you may be held responsible for claims filed by others without your permission if you share your access credentials with others. DO NOT SHARE YOUR USER NAME AND PASSWORD WITH OTHERS!
- 4. What if I forget my user name and/or password? Do I create a new one?
No, if you forget your user name and/or password do not create a new one. First, attempt to change them immediately following the instructions. Creating another user name will only delay your access to online services.
If you continue to have trouble contact the Services Desk as instructed. When calling, be sure to identify what services you are attempting to access. (ex. UI, JCW, KIDS, etc)
- 5. Can I login using my Social Security Number(SSN) and Personal Identification Number (PIN)?
- No, your Social Security Number (SSN) and Personal Identification Number (PIN) will no longer be used to access online services. Your SSN and PIN will still be used to identify you when using our telephone services.
- 6. Why am I required to enter my personal information?
- Your personal information is needed to verify your identity and allow you to access our online services. Your social security number, first name, last name, date of birth and gender or Wisconsin’s driver’s license number, if you have one are required.
- 7. Why do I have to enter my personal information again?
- You will be required to enter your personal information again, after prior authorization, if you had a change in your personal information, changed your password or forgot your user name or password. These steps are taken in an effort to protect your personal information.
- 8. What is Job Center of Wisconsin Registration?
As a claimant; you could be directed by Unemployment Insurance (UI) to register on Job Center of Wisconsin website. You will be mailed instructions on how to register; this is referred to as “Job Center of Wisconsin Registration” process.
To register you need to do the following three steps on the Job Center of Wisconsin website:
- Create an account.
- Register for services.
- Complete a Job Match Profile and Finish/Activate it.
Once you are fully registered with Job Service, you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
If you have questions or need help, please contact your local job center (www.wisconsinjobcenter.org/directory) or contact Job Service at 1-888-258-9966.
- 9. Having trouble authorizing for UI services?
If you are having trouble authorizing for UI services, verify your information is entered and formatted correctly. If your last name is long or hyphenated; please enter your name as it appears on your Wisconsin driver’s license, if you have one. Also, make sure the Date of Birth field is formatted using slashes (ex. 10/12/1982).
If you continue to have trouble contact UI Claims as instructed. Your user name must be given to our staff if you call for help, but your password is confidential and should not be shared.
- 10. Having trouble viewing a link?
- If you are having trouble viewing links once you are authorized for online services. You can try to clear cache and cookies; then restart your PC in an effort to view them. If still having trouble contact UI Claims.
- 11. Can online users still access telephone services for UI?
Yes, online users can contact UI by telephone. You will be required to use your social security number and Personal Identification Number (PIN) when using our telephone services.
A PIN is a 4-digit number you create to identify yourself. Make up a PIN that you will remember but is hard for others to guess. Your PIN is confidential and should not be shared. Do not give your PIN to ANYONE.
- 12. Where do I find work search forms?
- You can locate Weekly Work Search forms at: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/dwd/forms/ui/ucb_12_e.htm
- 13. Can I file an Appeal using UI online?
- No, not using these online services. Appeals can still be filed online at http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uibola/onlineappeal.htm or by mail.