- Frequently Asked Questions
- Forms and Publications
- Handbook for Claimants
- Unemployment Laws
- Other Resources
Apply Online for Unemployment Benefits
How Do I Apply Online?
Apply using our online application: https://my.unemployment.wisconsin.gov
See our Frequently Asked Questions about online benefit services for more information.
What are the Advantages of Applying Online?
- Fast & Easy
- No waiting on hold, there are no busy signals online
- Simple questions and useful help tips
- Logon with a username and password -- Not your SSN
- View an audit trail of your online activity
- Fill out your claim at your own pace
- Interrupted in the middle? Don't worry! We save your work so you can pick right up where you left off.
- For initial claims, you have up to 14 days to finish the claim you started.
- For weekly claims, you have the rest of the day to finish your claim.
- Prevent delays in payments with easy to use work search and wage entry screens
- Mobile Friendly
- Use your smartphone or other mobile device
- Cost Effective
- No need for postage or fax expenses
- Increased Capability
- Most claimants will be able to complete their application online
Completing Your Claim
- Certain situations require additional information that we cannot collect via the Internet application at this time. You may be instructed to call a claims specialist to complete your claim.
- Information already provided will be saved and available to the claims specialist when you call.
Time to Call
- Monday-Friday: 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM
A few examples of situations that required contacting a claims specialist include:
- Requesting to backdate more than one week.
- You work for an educational employer.
- You did not work for one of the employers we have on file for you.