- Frequently Asked Questions
- Forms and Publications
- Handbook for Claimants
- Unemployment Laws
- Other Resources
Apply Online for Unemployment Benefits
APPLYING ONLINE IS NOW REQUIRED: For more information about online services go to: dwd.wi.gov/ClaimsOnline
How Do I Apply Online?
Review the information needed to apply.
Steps to Apply Online:
- Type into the internet browser: my.unemployment.wisconsin.gov
- Read and accept Terms and Conditions
- Create a username and password
- Logon to access online benefit services
- Complete your application
Apply Online During These Times:
|Sunday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Monday – Friday||6:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM - 2:30 PM|
See our Frequently Asked Questions about online benefit services for more information.
For help using online services or if you are truly unable to apply online call 414-438-7713 or 608-232-0824 during business hours.
Completing Your Claim
- Certain situations require additional information that we cannot collect via the Internet application at this time. You may be instructed to call the help center during business hours to complete your claim. Hours of operation are available online at http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uiben/services.htm.
- Information already provided will be saved and available to help center staff when you call.
- You will receive a Claim Confirmation and Instructions form in the mail.
- The Handbook for Claimants is online at http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uiben/handbook. You are responsible for knowing the information provided in this handbook.
- If you qualify for unemployment benefits, we will send you a notice with the amount of benefits you can receive.
- If you do not qualify for unemployment benefits, we will send you a notice that tells you why.
- If you are required to perform a weekly work search or if you work less than full-time (32 hours or more per week) you must register with Wisconsin Job Service at https://JobCenterofWisconsin.gov/ui and complete a résumé within 14 days of the date you completed your application for UI benefits.
- Check online at https://my.unemployment.wisconsin.gov for up-to-date information about your claim. Sign up for direct deposit, update your tax withholdings, or print an official summary of benefits paid for income verification purposes.