Unemployment Insurance Handbook for Employers (UCB-201-P)
Section 4 - Wage Reporting
PART 2 - Internet Reporting
There are two options you can use to report your Quarterly Wage Reports via the Internet.
Tax Report with Employee Wage Entry: If you have fewer than 150 employees, you can key your quarterly wage and tax report data directly into our website. This is a form-fill application that displays the social security numbers and names of each employee reported on your last quarterly report.
To complete your wage report, you enter the quarterly wage for each employee listed, update employee names or social security numbers that need correction, and add any new employees. You must have a social security number for each employee listed on the report. When you finish entering the wage detail, you can click Save and Next to have the Tax Report calculated for you, or you can select Save and Exit to save the wage report for you to complete later.
Tax Report with Wage File Upload:
You can upload a wage file using one of four acceptable file formats (See Part 3 for more information about acceptable data formats). This option allows you to key your tax report online and then upload your wage file. After completing the tax report, a menu appears that allows you to upload your wage file(s).
- Click on Upload the employee wage file and provide the business contact information requested.
- Then click on Next and select the type of wage file you are uploading (original, replacement or append).
- Then click on Browse at the bottom of the screen to open a window that allows you to browse your PC for the file you want to upload.
- When the file is located, highlight it and click Submit.
- If the file upload is successful, a confirmation message is displayed with a unique confirmation number for your records.
- You may upload multiple files but you may upload only one file at a time. You can upload a maximum of 3 files in each login session with a maximum file size of 4 megabytes.
Two payment options are available.
- You can print a Payment Coupon and mail it in with your check or money order or
- you can make a payment via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
If you have other questions on how to pay your quarterly UI Taxes, please call 608-261-6700 for more information.
When you access the Tax and Wage Reporting System for the first time, you will be asked to create a new user profile. Once you establish your profile, you can use the same user name and password for all future quarterly filings. After your profile is set up, you will be asked to provide your UI Account Number and Internet Access Number.
The access number appears on your Quarterly Contribution Report (UCT-101). It is required the first time you use the Tax and Wage Reporting System to submit your quarterly report. After that, access to your account is controlled by the user profile and password you create. For this reason, please take every reasonable precaution to keep them confidential.
Updated: March 1, 2013
Content Contact: UI Wage Reporting