Civil rights or labor law inquiries:
Unemployment Insurance inquires:
DWD Employment Opportunities
The Department of Workforce Development (DWD) is looking for individuals to join our team! There is a wide range of career opportunities available at DWD that include:
- Employment & Training Specialists
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors
- Employment & Training Counselors
- Customer support staff in our call centers
Help build the workforce to move Wisconsin forward!
DWD's job opportunities include full time, part time, and temporary positions. In addition, DWD offers an exciting place to work with an excellent benefits package, a casual office environment, flexibility, a variety of work schedules, and many opportunities to develop and grow your skills.
Employment Opportunities (Open to All Applicants)Current DWD Job Opportunities
Employee Opportunities (Limited to Current DWD Staff)Job Opportunities (DWD Staff Only)
DWD provides a great benefits package that promotes the health and well-being of our employees. In addition to offering a wide range of Health and Dental Insurance options, the package provides access to medical and dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, and a Wellness Incentive. Also provided is Financial Security that includes participation in the State of Wisconsin's Retirement System and Paid Time Off.
The following is a summary of the annual leave benefits available to state employees:
- Vacation hours – minimum of 13 vacation days per year (number of days increase as years of state service accumulate)
- Personal days – 4.5 days per year
- Legal holidays – 9 days per year
- Sick leave – earn 1.35 days every month
- Ability to convert vacation leave to sabbatical leave
- Ability to convert sick leave at retirement to assist with payment of health insurance premiums
Additional benefit information is available from the Department of Employee Trust Funds.