What if I Don't Have a UI Employer Account Number (UI Number)?
Some employers do not have a UI Number. If you fall into this category, you may use your Fein number in place of your UI Number.
What Do I Need To Do?
When You Apply For Access to the System
- After you've created a DWD Account User Name and Password, you'll be asked to fill out a short form with some information about your business.
- When asked if you have a UI Employer Account Number, check 'No'.
- Enter your Fein Number in the space provided.
When You Submit Payroll Data
- If you upload an Excel spreadsheet, there is no column for Fein Number. In the UI Number column, enter FEIN - XXXXXXXXX, where XXXXXXXXX is your nine digit numeric Fein Number.
- If you enter data manually, there is a option near the top of the form to use either a UI Number or Fein Number.
For additional information contact the Division at ER Information.