About the Equal Rights Division
- To protect the rights of all people in Wisconsin under the civil rights and labor standards laws we administer;
- To achieve compliance through education, outreach, and enforcement by empowered and committed employees; and
- To perform our responsibilities with reasonableness, efficiency, and fairness.
The Equal Rights Division consists of two Bureaus and one Office.
- The Office of Support Services handles the administrative and program support duties for the Division.
- The Bureau of Civil Rights investigates Discrimination, Harassment in the Workplace (including Sexual Harassment), Retaliation Protection and Family and Medical Leave complaints.
- The Bureau Of Labor Standards investigates Labor Standards complaints including Child Labor and is in charge of issuing Work Permits. The Bureau oversees the Prevailing Wage Rate Program.
The Bureau also provides educational services for the above.