Workforce Programs Training Materials
Throughout the year roundtables, conferences, workshops and other training events occur. Presentation materials are available here following these training sessions.
2012 Roundtable Follow-up
Follow-up to the "Adult, Dislocated Workers and Youth Program: Workforce Investment Act 101" workshop, presented on December 4, 2012 by Annette Nekola and Pamela O’Brien, DWD/DET.
- Sample Trainings and Multiple Barriers to Employment
- Workforce Development Board Wage/Self-Sufficiency
2012 Workforce Programs Roundtable
Presentation material from the 2012 Workforce Programs Roundtable held Tuesday, December 4, 2012, at the Alliant Energy Center, Madison. These materials will be available here through June, 2013.
- Targeted High Demand Industry Sectors by WDA Map
- Wisconsin WDA with 26 Comprehensive Job Centers Map
- Wisconsin WDA, Local Program Liaison assignment map
- Youth Apprenticeship (YA) Consortiums with School District Boundaries Map
- Wisconsin Workforce Initiative Highlights
- Luncheon Presentation:
Workforce Development Networks in Rural Areas
Presenter: Dr. Gary Paul Green, Professor, Department of Community and Environmental Sociology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, and Community Development Specialist, University of Wisconsin-Extension
- A New Model for Rapid Response Orientations
Presenters: Cindy Kiesling, Executive Director, Labor Education and Training Center; and, Monica Littlegeorge, Case Manager, South Central WI WDB
- Career Pathways: What’s All the Fuss About?
Presenters: Robin Kroyer-Kubicek, Youth Apprenticeship Curriculum Coordinator For DWD/CESA 6; and, Linda Preysz, Special Assignments/RISE Co-Chair, DWD/DET
- Digging for Data: New Ways to Use WebIntelligence (WEBI) to Find What You Need
Presenter: Ken Funck, Information Systems Supervisor, DWD/Administrative Services Division (ASD)
- Adult, Dislocated Workers and Youth Program: Workforce Investment Act 101
Presenters: Annette Nekola, Supervisor, Adult and Dislocated Worker Unit, DWD/DET; and, Pamela O’Brien, Program and Planning Analyst Adv., DWD/DET
- Wisconsin Child Labor Laws: An Overview
Presenter: Jim Chiolino, Director, Labor Standards Bureau, DWD/Equal Rights Division
- Attitude and Intention: Motivating Customers in a Tough Economy
Presenter: Patty Dockham, Employment and Training Specialist; and, Debbye Swardfihn, Employment and Training Specialist Job Center of La Crosse County
- Senior Community Services Employment Program
Presenters: Harold Luther, Southwest Workforce Development Board (WDB), Inc.; Ana Rivera, Fox Valley WDB, Inc.; Barbara Smith, Interfaith Older Adult Programs, Inc.; Monica Snittler, Bureau of Aging & Disability Resources, Department of Health Services; and, Shirley Stuart, Experience Works, Inc.
- Wisconsin Senior Employment Program State (Subgrantees) and National Grantee Organizations PY 2012-2013
- State DHS 2012-2013 Authorized Positions and 2012-2013 National Grantees maps
- On-the-Job Training (OJT)
Presenter: Karen Pfeil, Local Program Liaison, DWD/DET
- Today’s Youth: Are They Really Ready To Work?
Presenter: Scott Fromader, Education Consultant, DWD/DET
- Social Media 201: Building Connections
Presenters: Brian Domenoski, Employment and Training Specialist, Job Center of Southeast WI; and, Brian Solomon, Director, Job Service Bureau, DWD/DET
- Ticket to Work – Help is Here!
Presenters: Patty Branton, Disability Resource Coordinator North Central WI WDB; Glen Howell, Disability Resource Coordinator, West Central WI WDB; and, Ryan Schomber, Disability Resource Coordinator, Southwest WDB
- Workforce Individual Work Plan and Workforce Individual Work Plan Services forms
- Ticket to Work flyer
- Wisconsin Disability Employment Initiative Service Areas map
- On-the-Job Training (OJT) II
Presenter: Nancy Flanagan, Business Services Coordinator, Southwest WI WDB
- ABC’s of Youth Apprenticeship (YA) and WIA Youth Program Partnership Development
Presenters: Tim Alft, Youth Apprenticeship Coordinator, Consortium #30 Waukesha County; and, D.J. Blum, Program Manager, Workforce Development, Inc.
- Business Services/Employer Outreach Strategies
Presenters: Therus Collins, Employment & Training Specialist Lead, DWD Bureau of Job Service – Madison; Gail Graham, Business Services Coordinator, Southwest WI WDB; Stephanie Luebke, Employment & Training Specialist, DWD Bureau of Job Service – Janesville; Heather Nilsen, Employment & Training Specialist, DWD Bureau of Job Service – Milwaukee; Danica Nilsestuen, Director of Field Operations, WDB of South Central WI; Dom Tervalon, Employer Consultant Specialist, DWD Bureau of Job Service – Madison; and, Leo Baber, Business Division Specialist, Milwaukee Area Workforce Investment Board, Inc.
- Defining Integrated Resource Teams
Presenters: Patty Branton, Disability Resource Coordinator, North Central WDB; and, Melissa Emberts, Disability Resource Coordinator, Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington WDB
- WIA Youth Program 101: Outreach to Follow-up
Presenter: Scott Fromader, Education Consultant, DWD/DET
- Job Center of Wisconsin: How to Make the Most Out of New Tools and Upcoming Enhancements
Presenters: Becky Powell, IS Business Automation Specialist, DWD/DET; Brian Solomon, Job Service Bureau Director, DWD/DET; and, Linda Williamson, Job Center of Wisconsin Coordinator, DWD/DET
- Disability and Accessibility
Presenter: Bill Franks, Equal Opportunity Specialist, DWD/DET
Other Training: WDA Technical Assistance Guides
The WIA Title 1: Participant Eligibility and Case Management File Documentation Guides cover these topic areas:
- WIA Title 1B Eligibility Determination and Documentation
- Adult and Dislocated Worker Programs Guide to Participant Case File Documentation
- Youth Program Guide to Participant Case File Documentation
The files above reside on the Technical Assistance Guides (TAGs) page.
ASSET user supports
Visit the ASSET homepage to login to the production or training environments.
ASSET InfoLine - This is an occasional newsletter containing notices on enhancements, policies, and events related to Wisconsin Job Center automated systems like ASSET and Job Center of Wisconsin. Subscribe and receive the newsletter via email using the sign-up page.
ASSET User Group - Each Workforce Development Area (WDA) has a representative on the ASSET User Group. This site contains an User Group schedule, to do list, and membership contacts.
ASSET Users' Guide - The Users' Guide is a manual with information on becoming an ASSET user, details about the ASSET system, and an index to updates made to the Guide. (Updated 8/26/10)