Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
NOTICE of Public Meetings and Hearings
IF YOU HAVE OTHER SPECIAL NEEDS (such as an interpreter
or written materials
in large print) PLEASE CONTACT THE MEETING’S SPONSOR
Previous meeting notices are available at: http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/dwd/publicmeetings/default.htm
Week of September 29 - October 3, 2003
LABOR & INDUSTRY REVIEW COMMISSION
Labor and Industry Review Commission
Where: Wisconsin Public Broadcasting Center
3319 W Beltline Hwy
Madison, WI 53713
Date: Thursday, October 2, 2003
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Worker's Comp. Cases
Unemployment Insurance Cases
Equal Rights Cases
Closed sessions under Wis. Stat. § 19.85(1)(a)
If Any Questions Please Call Kendra DePrey At 608-267-9626
UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE ADVISORY COUNCIL
Council Members: Please bring your calendars to schedule future meetings.
Council Web Site
State Sheet Metal Apprenticeship Advisory Committee Members and Consultants
Where: AFSCME Council 40
8033 Excelsior Drive
Tuesday, September 30, 2003
1. Opening Remarks -- Greg Frigo
POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
2. September 9, 2003 Minutes (Gray)
3. September 22, 2003 Minutes (Blue)
4. Labor and Management Law Change Proposals - Discussion and Caucus
5. Department Law/Rule Change Proposals
a. Repeal of food processing exclusion (D5-03 in Red Binder)
b. Wisconsin Supplemental Benefit revisions (D31-03 in Red Binder)
c. Change benefit charging from proportional to sequential (D33-03 in Red Binder)
d. Work search administrative rule changes (Distributed at 8/8/03 meeting as M3-03. Renumbered D35-03 for insertion in Red Binder)
e. Revised Approved Training Proposals (D22a-03 and D22b-03 handouts for Red Binder)
6. Other Law Change Proposals
a. Proposal by State Representative Amy Sue Vruwink to allow benefits to a spouse who quits a job to accompany an active duty military member who is transferred. (Other1-03 in Red Binder)
7. Letters to the Council (White) - Tom Smith
NOTES TO PUBLIC:
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- The labor members and/or the management members of the Council may go into closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate the action and/or discussion items, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats.
This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: (608) 267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1-800-947-3529.)