IF YOU HAVE OTHER SPECIAL NEEDS (such as an interpreter or written materials
in large print) PLEASE CONTACT THE MEETINGS SPONSOR
Previous meeting notices are available at: http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/dwd/publicmeetings/default.htm
June 9 - 13, 2003
State Ironworking Apprenticeship Advisory Committee Members and Consultants
Milwaukee Ironworker JAC Training Center
12034 W. Adler Lane
West Allis, WI
Thursday, June 19, 2003
1. Call to order (open meeting).
2. Roll call (sign-in sheet)
3. Minutes of October 16, 2002.
4. Election of employer co-chair- Karen Morgan.
5. Possible expansion of the term of an Ironworker apprenticeship to four years- Mike Grimslid.
6. Proposal to change the Minimum Compensation table in the Trade Information- Mike Grimslid.
7. Proposal for apprentices to work alone after 6000 hours- Mike Grimslid.
8. Technical College minimum class size requirements (for discussion)- Mike Grimslid.
9. Review of language in program standards Section 7 "Acceptance of workers as apprentices in an organizing effort" (for disucssion)- Sam Wilcox.
10. Consideration of probation period language in the program standards (for action)- Karen Morgan. (Please see DWD 295.07 (4))
11. Review of program statistics- Jerry Gross.
12. Old business.
a. Applicant entry test validation update.
b. Apprenticeship Conference wrapup.
13. New business.
If any questions, please call: Jerry Gross @ (608) 266-3135
10:00 a.m. Welcome and approve May meeting notes
10:10 Update on State Budget Process, Review JFC Motion # 158, and Task Force Next Steps/Timeline
10:25 Presentation on Transitional Jobs "Intermediary" Entities
10:50 Key Support Services for a Successful Transitional Jobs Program
11:05 Briefings from State Liaisons
11:35 Task Force Report and Recommendations Outline
12:00 p.m. Adjourn
Please RSVP by Wed., June 11 - NOON to Sue Gleason at 608-266-0522 or email@example.com