Services by Division - What each division does
SEC-9575-p (R. 2011)
DWD Physical Location Information
201 E. Washington Avenue, Madison WI 53702
P.O. Box 7946, Madison, WI 53707-7946
You can find the appropriate phone number for our program divisions in the A-Z Topic Index. To ensure confidentiality, fax numbers can be obtained by calling the appropriate division to request the correct fax number.
Job Center Locations
Wisconsin's Job Centers provide a comprehensive and coordinated approach to workforce development services.
Vocational Rehabilitation Service Locations
Staff at the Vocation Rehabilitation Service locations provide employment services and counseling to people with disabilities, provide or arrange for services to enable an individual to go to work, and provide training and technical assistance to employers regarding disability employment issues.
Child Support Agencies
For assistance with child support issues, contact the local Child Support Agency in your county.
Most state offices are open from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except for holidays. State holidays are New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas, and New Year's Eve.
Using the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay System (TRS)
To reach the DWD using a TTY:
- Dial 800-947-3529 (1-800-WI-RELAY)
- Give the Communications Assistant (CA) the number you want to call.
- Request any special call handling or billing arrangements if needed.
- The CA will dial the number you provide. Relay will begin as soon as the call is connected.
- Talk directly to the person you called, NOT the CA. CA's are specially trained to voice text from a TTY user and type spoken words to a TTY user, following the intent of the speaker.
- If you are speaking, remember the CA must type your words as well as any background sounds so speak at a moderate pace.
- Use "GA" (Go Ahead) when you are ready for the other person's response.
For more information or assistance, please call
the TRS Customer Service Department at 800-395-9877(Voice) or 800-283-9877(TTY).
Other TTY Reference Numbers:
- 866-221-7830 Administrative Services Division
- 866-221-7854 Equal Rights
- 866-222-2973 Unemployment Insurance
- 866-222-4209 Worker's Compensation
- 866-222-4240 Job Centers / Division of Employment & Training
- 866-222-7789 Division of Vocational Rehabilitation