If you have comments regarding any documents on DVR's website or need an alternate format, you may contact us via email at email@example.com, or you can reach us by phone at 800-442-3477 (Toll Free), 608-266-1133 (FAX), or 888-877-5939 (TTY).
WRC Meeting Minutes
November 3, 2011
Present: Ben Anderson, Wendi Dawson, Jim Dobrinksa, Stephanie Drum, Charlene Dwyer, Julie Ferchoff, Jodi Hanna, Alvin Hill, Ron Jansen, Monica Kamal, Tina Koehn, John Lui, Roxan Perez, Cindi Pichler, Kristin Stern, Linda Vegoe
Absent: Cayte Anderson, Steve Gilles, Ken Kluever, Patricia Lerch, Ashley Marshal, Gail Kolvenbach
Resource Staff/Guests: William Parke-Sutherland, Mike Greco, JoAnna Richard, Patti Johnson, Glenn Olsen, William Richardson, Meredith Dressel
Recorder: Kristin Rolling
Call to Order
Linda Vegoe, Chair, called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.
- DVR’s case management system was selected by the Institute for Community Inclusion as a best practice for insuring people with the most significant disabilities have access to VR services.
Review of Minutes
B. Anderson/A. Hill moved/seconded with correction to NAVR Update section.
Department of Public Instruction – Wendi Dawson
- DPI is looking for members for their Summary of Performance workgroup. Those interested can contact Wendi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DPI is currently following legislation that would allow school boards to allow students to graduate without earning the current credit requirements and instead earn a Vocational Diploma - https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/related/proposals/se1_ab18.
NAVR – Charlene Dwyer
- After providing a training on DVR and NAVR partnerships at a June CANAR conference, DVR Administrator Charlene Dwyer and Workforce Development Area Director Tom Draghi were asked to provide the training in October via a national webinar through the National Clearinghouse of Rehabilitation Training Materials. The training was also well-received as a key note panel at the October national Council on State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation Fall conference - https://ncrtm.org/moodle/mod/page/view.php?id=2647.
National Rehabilitation Association – Charlene Dwyer
- CSAVR and NRA are working together on a proposal that would offer loan forgiveness for vocational rehabilitation counselors who work in either the Veteran’s Administration or for a state VR agency after earning a master’s degree in vocational rehabilitation counseling.
NCSRC – Linda Vegoe
ILCW – Ron Jansen and William Parke-Sutherland
- An amendment to the State Plan for Independent Living has been proposed. It would adjust the funding tables in the plan.
Agenda Item: State Rehabilitation Council 101 - Linda Vegoe, WRC Chair
Agenda Item: DVR Reports - Charlene Dwyer, DVR Administrator; JoAnna Richard, DVR Deputy Administrator; & Mike Greco, DVR Director for Bureau of Consumer Services
Charlene Dwyer provided an overview of the DVR goals within the Department of Workforce Development (DWD) Strategic Plan.
- DWD Strategic Plan: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/strategic_plan/
- The WRC can request an update from DVR at any time about progress being made toward reaching DWD Strategic Plan Goals
Mike Greco provided an overview of the FFY 2010 DVR goals and outcomes and the current status of the DVR waitlist.
- RSA Compliance Presentation
- In 1999, DVR met 3 of the 6 federal performance standards. Currently DVR is meeting all 6
- DVR is not meeting the minority services benchmark
WRC member question – What is DVR doing to determine why minorities drop out of the program?
Answer: DVR is working with partner agencies who are also looking at the issues.
Agenda Item: Wisconsin Disability Employment Initiative - Glenn Olsen, DWD High Risk Population Specialist
Agenda Item: What Do Employers Want - Alvin Hill and William Richardson, Milwaukee Center for Independence
Agenda Item: DVR Business Services Team (BST) - Patti Johnson, DVR Workforce Development Area 1 Director
WRC Member Comment: DVR should share any materials developed for employers with service providers so employers are hearing a consistent message
Agenda Item: Public Comment
Kamal/Hill motion/seconded to adjourn.
Meeting adjourned at 4:00 p.m.