CORe (Central Office Reporting System)
CORe is DWD’s grant reporting and payment system. Effective July 1, 2008, CORe is being used to process both DWD grant programs and programs that transferred to the Department of Children & Families (DCF).
Updates can be found on the CORe homepage at http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/core/.
CORe Reports are published to the web nightly at http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/core/reports.htm. The date of the last update is located in the upper corner of the reports. For tips on printing the reports or saving to Excel, see: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/core/resources/report_tips.htm.
- If you have 5 minutes or less a month to look CORe reports:
- Use the Contract Balance Report
- If you want to verify that your agency's expense reports have been received by DWD:
- Use Expenditure Information
- If you want to confirm your agency was paid properly:
- Use Payment Information
- If you are a W2 agency:
- Check the W-2 monitoring report
- If you are a WDB agency or have a WIA-related contract:
- Check the WIA monitoring reports
Shows a ‘snapshot’ of your agency’s status through the month you select.
- Contract Amounts (Zero if "non capped")
- Total expenditures reported to date
- Total reimbursements received to date
- Amount left to spend
- Any pending payments
Detail descriptions of the report columns are included below the listing of report months on the Contract Balance report page.
The primary report on this page is the Monthly Expense Detail. For the selected calendar year, the report lists all of your agency's expenditures by report month.
Expenditures are listed by the line codes used on your Excel Expenditure Report form. If a month is not listed for your agency, it means your report has not been received by DWD to be processed in the CORe system.
Additional options for reviewing/analyzing expenditure information:
- Agency Contract Detail - Monthly http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/core/reports/contract_detail.htm
- For each contract, lists expenditures submitted for reimbursement and the actual reimbursement for the selected month. Useful if you need to reconcile agency-reported and state-uploaded expenditures.
- Quarterly Expense Analysis http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/core/reports/quarterly_expense_trend_analysis.htm
- Lists expenditures by contract and line code for each agency by calendar year quarter since January 2004. The report is useful to look for expense trends over a longer period than is possible with the monthly expense detail report.
The primary report on this page is the Bank Reconciliation Report, which shows payments sorted by (1) deposit date, or (2) by agency.
To find information about your agency's payment on a specific date:
- Select the first tab, "Payments by Bank Deposit Date."
- In the left column, go to the date the deposit appears on the bank statement (or the date that you expect to receive a payment) and locate your agency.
- Click on your agency's name to see the detail report for your payment.
The second tab, "Bank Deposits by Agency" shows all payments made to your agency during the selected year. At year-end, the report may be printed to take the place of an audit confirmation; PDF files are available for ease of printing.
Additional options for reviewing/analyzing payment information:
- Payments by individual Expenditure Report Month: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/core/reports/pmts_exp_month.htm
- If multiple payments were made to your agency for an expenditure report month, this report subtotals the amounts by payment batch and shows the grand total for the month.
- Monthly Payment Detail for calendar year: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/core/reports/monthly_payment_detail.htm
- This report mirrors the Monthly Expense Detail report, but shows the reimbursement payments made for each Expenditure Report month during the selected year.