Reporting Instructions: CORe Code 4076
Shared Costs Report: Agency Management, Support and Overhead
Agency Management, Support and Overhead (AMSO) are costs incurred for common or joint purposes that cannot be specifically identified to a particular program but are applicable to all programs. In the Random Moment Sampling (RMS) environment, AMSO is overhead plus indirect costs related to the operation of the county agency responsible for the administration of IM and/or W2 programs.
AMSO costs are those that support the entire agency and may include:
- Your agency’s share of county indirect costs
- Agency Director’s salary and fringe
- Finance and payroll staff and related expenses
- Department-wide receptionist and clerical staff and related expenses
- Space-related costs
- General business operations, such as purchasing, mail processing, and communications
- All other overhead costs for your agency
Contact the RMS Administrator to discuss alternatives if allocation of AMSO using Employee Counts does not appropriately distribute these costs to programs. A key factor in considering alternatives is that like costs must receive consistent treatment.
Content Contact: DWD CORe Team