Reporting Instructions: W2 2013 CORe Code 2241
Emergency Assistance (EA) Case Management/Other Services
Report all costs related to case management and other services for the Emergency Assistance program. Emergency Assistance case management and other services include:
- Coordination with other local, state and federal programs to obtain resources for the Emergency Assistance recipient;
- Determining the amount of the EA payment for the applicant;
- Ensuring that the family has the resources to resolve the emergency situation;
- Assisting the applicant in taking action to stop eviction and foreclosure actions;
- Contact with vendors, landlords, banks, utilities or local government to arrange for services and make EA payments for the Emergency Assistance applicant.
Note: Include the costs of direct service staff and supervisor salary, fringe benefits, direct operational costs (such as supplies, rent, computer costs, utilities, etc.) and indirect costs (such as allocated share of agency management) for staff providing Emergency Assistance Case Management.
Note: Emergency Assistance and W-2 Emergency Payments are two different payments. This CORe Code is exclusively for Emergency Assistance case management services. See CORe Code 2217 for more information on W-2 Emergency Payments.