Reporting Instructions: DCF CORe Code 2214
W-2 Supplemental Security Income (SSI)/Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) Advocacy
Report all costs specifically and directly related to providing Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and/or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) Advocacy, in accordance with the Department's Policies and Procedures.
SSI/SSDI Advocacy includes the following services:
- Assistance to W-2 participants in completing SSI/SSDI applications and supporting documentation;
- Provision of supportive services to W-2 participants for communications with the federal Social Security Administration (SSA) and/or the state Disability Determination Bureau (DDB);
- Communications and meetings with SSA or DDB regarding SSI/SSDI applications for W-2 participants;
- Assistance to W-2 participants in requesting reconsideration on denied SSI/SSDI applications and the subsequent follow-up services for the reconsideration;
- Assistance to W-2 participants in appealing denied SSI/SSDI applications and the subsequent follow-up services for the appeal; and
- Case management or any other services specifically and directly related to supporting SSI/SSDI applications by W-2 participants.
Note: This code is exclusively for case management and other services specifically and directly related to SSI/SSDI advocacy as will be described in a W-2 Manual update and as currently described in the 2006-09 W-2 and Related Programs Requests for Proposals (RFP). CORe code 2207,W-2 Work Experience, 2208 W-2 Other Work Activities, and 2210 W-2 Job Skills Training should be used for W-2 case management services related to employment and training for W-2 participants, including W-2 participants who have applied for SSI/SSDI. Include related supportive services costs, except transportation.
Transportation costs would be reported on Code 2215 W-2 Transportation.