Reporting Instructions: DCF CORe Code 2212
Wisconsin Works (W-2) Retention and Advancement
Report job retention and advancement costs related to W-2 eligible participants placed on the Unsubsidized Employment rung of the W-2 ladder and coded CMF or CMU.
These services may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing case management needed to encourage and support job retention and advancement such as:
- Providing guidance in career decision making skills;
- Exploring career options;
- Identifying necessary education and training needs, e.g. drivers education, English-as-a-Second Language and obtaining a high school diploma;
- Updating a resume;
- Developing networking skills;
- Providing job survival/retention techniques.
- Providing information regarding community resource links, voluntary post-secondary education and job skill development training, and
- Referring for Job Access Loan (JAL), child care, FoodShare and Medicaid;
- Referring to other work programs, such as Food Share Employment and Training Program or Workforce Investment Act (WIA) programs.
CARES activity codes associated with these services include: Job Retention Services (JR), Mentor/Coach (MN), Employer Intervention Services (EI), and Career Advancement Services (CR)
Allowable costs include, but are not limited to, the salary, fringe, travel, training, supplies and occupancy for staff and first line supervision, and related supportive services costs, except transportation.
Transportation related costs are to be reported on CORe Code 2215 W-2 Transportation.