Reporting Instructions: DCF CORe Code 2120
Report costs which are reasonable and necessary expenditures for operating the W-2 program and are not directly related to delivery of services for W-2 Programs.
- It excludes direct costs of providing program services.
- It excludes costs of providing diversion benefits and services, providing program information to clients, screening and assessments, development of employability plans, work activities, post-employment services, work supports, and case management. It also excludes costs for contracts devoted entirely to such activities.
- It excludes the salaries and benefits costs for staff providing program services and the direct administrative costs associated with providing the services, such as the costs for supplies, equipment, travel, postage, utilities, rental of office space and maintenance of office space.
- It includes costs for general administration and coordination of the W-2 program, including contract costs and all indirect (or overhead) costs.
- Salaries and benefits of staff performing administrative and coordination functions;
- Activities related to TANF eligibility determinations;
- Preparation of program plans, budgets, and schedules;
- Monitoring of programs and projects;
- Fraud and abuse units;
- Procurement activities;
- Public relations;
- Services related to accounting, litigation, audits, management of property, payroll and personnel;
- Costs for the goods and services required for administration of the program such as the costs for supplies, equipment, travel, postage, utilities, and rental of office space and maintenance of office space, provided that such costs are not excluded as a direct administrative cost for providing program services under 1b above.
- Travel costs incurred for official business and not excluded as a direct administrative cost for providing program services under 1b above;
- Management information systems not related to the tracking and monitoring of TANF requirements (e.g., for a personnel and payroll system for State staff); and
- Preparing reports and other documents.
All County Allocated Non-Direct W-2 Administration costs must be reported on CORe code 8120, Cnty Alloc Non-Direct Costs – W-2 Admin. County agencies may only report Direct W-2 Administration costs on this CORe code.