Reporting Instructions: W2 2013 DCF CORe Code 2120
Report costs which are reasonable and necessary expenditures for operating the W-2 program and are not directly related to delivery of services for W-2 Programs.
- It excludes
- Direct costs of providing program services to W-2 applicants and participants.
- Costs of providing program information to clients, screening and assessments, development of employability plans, work activities, post-employment services, work supports, and case management. It also excludes costs for contracts devoted entirely to such activities.
- The salaries and benefits costs for staff providing program services and the direct administrative costs associated with providing the services, such as the costs for supplies, equipment, travel, postage, utilities, rental of office space and maintenance of office space.
Costs for general
administration and coordination of the W-2 and Related Programs, including
contract costs and the related indirect costs.
Salaries and benefits of staff
performing administrative and coordination functions;
Preparation of program plans,
budgets, and schedules;
Monitoring of programs and
- Services related to accounting, litigation, audits, management of property, payroll and personnel;
- Costs for the goods and services required for administration of the program such as the costs for supplies, equipment, travel, postage, utilities, and rental of office space and maintenance of office space, provided that such costs are not excluded as a direct administrative cost for providing program services as described above.
- Travel costs incurred for official business and not excluded as a direct administrative cost for providing program services as described above;
- Management information systems not related to the tracking and monitoring of W-2 and Related Programs requirements (e.g., for a personnel and payroll system for State staff);
- Preparing reports and other documents.