Reporting Instructions: DCF CORe Code 0851
Child Care Program Operations
Report direct costs for operation of the child care program.
Examples of eligible costs include:
- Determining co-pay codes and amounts;
- Determining authorizations for child care assistance;
Preparation for and attending fair hearings and other judicial hearings
(such as for fraud) for both clients and providers1;
Processing timesheets from child care
providers for payments;
- Assisting individuals who are eligible to identify available child care
providers and select appropriate child care arrangements.
1 Preparation for and attending judicial hearings are considered a program cost under Child Care Development Block Grants (CCDF).
- The following costs should
not be included on this line code:
- child care certification (see line codes
- eligibility (see line code 8203),
- eligibility redetermination
(see line codes 0832/8832),
care fraud-provider (see line codes 0841/8841 and 0846/8846),
- child care fraud-client
(see line codes 0843/8843 and 0847/8847),
reported on the County Shared Cost Report are
not to be reported on this line
code. Instead, these costs are
reported on line code
Alloc Non-direct costs – CC Program Operations.
- All Child Care Program Operations costs should be reported on this line code
(0851). Line code 8851 is not available to tribes.