Reporting Instructions: DCF CORe Code 0841
Child Care Fraud Services - Provider
Report direct costs for operation of child care provider fraud prevention and investigation services funded with Fraud Allocation dollars. Examples of eligible costs include:
- program monitoring;
- fraud prevention efforts;
- internal provider investigation services;
- provider surveillance;
- contracted provider investigation services;
- provider overpayment determinations related to fraud.
- Do not include costs for preparing for and attending fair hearings or criminal hearings.
These costs are to be reported on lines codes 0851/8851.
Costs reported on the County Shared Cost Report are not to be reported on this line code. Instead, these costs are reported on line code 8841/County Allocated Non-Direct Costs – CC Fraud - Provider.
Once funds on 0841 are fully expended, Fraud Services - Provider costs may be charged to 0846/CC Fraud - Provider.
- Line code 8841 is not available to tribes. Tribes need to use 0841.