Reporting Instructions: DCF CORe Code 0831
Child Care Certification
Report direct costs for all costs associated with certification of child care providers.
Examples of eligible costs include:
- Screening Applicants (background checks, etc);
- Processing applications;
- Home visits;
- Entering data into WISCCRS;
- Investigating complaints;
- Provider enforcements (denials, suspensions, revocations);
- Providing information sessions to providers;
- Renewing certification;
- Mailing and administrative costs, including background checks.
Report costs net of any fees collected from the child care provider for certification.
not include the following costs on this line code:
- child care program operations (see line codes
- administration (see line codes 0850/8850);
- eligibility (see line code 8203),
- eligibility redetermination
(see line codes 0832/8832),
care fraud-provider (see line codes 0841/8841 and 0846/8846),
- child care fraud-client
(see line codes 0843/8843 and 0847/8847),
reported on the County Shared Cost Report are
not to be reported on this line
code. Instead, these costs are
reported on line code
Alloc Non-direct costs – CC Certification.
- All Child Care Program Operations costs should be reported on line code
0851. Line codes 0831 and 8831 are not available to tribes.