Reporting Instructions: CORe Code 0500
Transitional Jobs Demonstration Project(TJDP)
The Transitional Jobs Demonstration Project (TJDP) administrative costs include administrative costs for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) eligibility determination and other administrative costs.
Eligibility Determination Costs
Report eligibility determination costs, including the eligibility interview, verifying eligibility information, and recording eligibility determination information outside the CARES automated system. Eligibility determination does not include assessment, placement, case management, monitoring or mentoring.
TJDP Contractors are required to do one hundred percent (100%) time reporting.
Other Administrative Costs
Report costs which are reasonable and necessary expenditures for operating the TJDP project and are not directly related to delivery of services for TJDP Projects.
- Exclude direct costs of providing program services.
- Exclude costs of providing TJDP project services, program information, orientation, screening and assessments, development of employment plans, work activities, post-employment services, work supports, and case management. Also exclude costs for contracts devoted entirely to such activities.
- Exclude the salaries and benefits costs for staff providing TJDP project services and the direct administrative costs associated with providing the services, such as the costs for supplies, equipment, travel, postage, utilities, rental of office space and maintenance of office space
- Includes costs for general administration and coordination of the
TJDP project, including contract costs and all indirect (or overhead) costs.
- Salaries and benefits of staff performing administrative and coordination functions;
- Activities related to eligibility determinations;
- Preparation of program plans, budgets, and schedules;
- Monitoring of programs and projects;
- Procurement activities;
- Public relations;
- Services related to accounting, litigation, audits, management of property, payroll and personnel;
- Costs for the goods and services required for administration of the program such as the costs for supplies, equipment, travel, postage, utilities, and rental of office space and maintenance of office space, provided that such costs are not excluded as a direct administrative cost for providing program services under 1b above.
- Travel costs incurred for official business and not excluded as a direct administrative cost for providing program services under 1b above;
- Management information systems not related to the tracking and monitoring of TANF requirements (e.g., for a personnel and payroll system for State staff); and
- Preparing reports and other documents.
The costs reported on this CORe code will be charged against your TJDP Administration funding, CORe code 0500.