CORe Expenditure Report Procedures
- General Reminders
- Expenditure Report Forms
- Emailing the Report
- Summary of CORe Contract Terms
- In order to receive funds from DCF or DWD, an agency must have a valid contract and submit the appropriate CORe expenditure report.
- Counties must file additional required reports in order to receive their W-2 and related programs payment.
- If your agency is receiving a DWD/DCF grant for the first time, or if your banking information has changed, it is necessary to submit an ACH set-up form in order to receive payments.
- Only use the latest version of the CORe expenditure report forms.
- Do not add or delete any lines to the reports or change the format (i.e. change the size of the cell).
- The CORe system can only upload the first worksheet tab from an Excel file; do not add extra tabs to the file you submit.
Your form will not properly upload into CORe if data is entered in incorrect cells. DWD will return the report to the agency to revise. It is the responsibility of the agency to quickly revise the form and resubmit the form to DWD, or payment may be delayed.
In order for CORe to upload your report, accurate information must be entered in the highlighted cells:
|Row||Col A||Col B||Col C||Col D||Col E||Col F|
|5||Agency Name||Agency Contact Name||Phone Number|
|6||Badger County||Bucky Badger||608-999-9999|
|7||CORe Agency Code (2 digits, not your FEIN)|
|9||FINAL REPORT: (Type YES or NO in cell A10)||Reporting||Month||Year||Fax|
Please verify the following items on your report form's header:
- County/agency name listed in cell A6.
- 2-character CORe Agency Code entered in cell A8 (e.g., 01, 09, 56, L1, RA, etc.). See agency code listing for your specific code.
- Indicate if the report is Final (yes or no) in cell A10.
- The Month in cell D10 (Quarter for Employee Count report) must be numeric (e.g., 1, 10, etc.).
- The Year in cell E10 must be 4-digits (2007 not 07).
- List contact information for the individual who will be able to answer detailed questions on this report. Please include email address.
- Enter current expenditures/head count in Column F in the highlighted cells.
- All dollar amounts and employee counts entered must include 2 decimals (e.g., 255.54)
Most line codes are reported as positive numbers. If you are reporting any collection of fees or interest received, please report as negative numbers. These collections would reduce your state reimbursement.
See the CORe code descriptions for information on allowable costs.
- Before emailing your form to DCF or DWD, review your report and ensure your data is accurate.
- The file name and the email subject line must be labeled as follows: [2-digit Agency Code] [Agency Name] [Report Name] [Month] [Year]. For example:
- R5 Jewish Family Ser REFU 03 2008
- 8B Maximus W2 01 2008
- 13 Dane Shared 01 2008
- For WIA & related programs, include the week number, e.g.: AD Bay Area WIA Wk1 06 2008
- Send only one worksheet per spreadsheet file. The CORe system cannot read multiple tabs in an Excel file.
- Only include one report in your email. While in the Excel expenditure report, you may click on File, Send To, Mail Recipient (as Attachment), and enter the appropriate email address.
- Email report to the DCF or DWD address, as listed at the bottom of the report form.
By emailing your completed report to DWD you are certifying that the expenditures identified in the report for federal and state reimbursement are true and correct in the amounts stated, have not been reimbursed previously and represent actual and necessary costs of administering provisions of the contract.